Bamboozled
Boy did this have me fooled! As I was looking through Professor Kelsey's posts on LinkedIn, I stumble on something that immediately grabs my attention. as I read through the post, I'm thinking to myself that I'm one of the first people to know about some hot information of the court case of the year. Then I finally reach the part where it says to look up Shawn Barnes if you need a data analyst. I felt so duped yet couldn't help but laugh a bit.
Upon reading Professor Kelsey's explanation behind the advertisement disguised as good old fashioned Hollywood gossip, I couldn't agree more with his reasoning as to why an advertisement such as that is so effective. Appropriately classified as a bait-and-switch, I completely concur with Professor Kelsey's reasoning behind it's effectiveness. At the end of the day, the most effective advertisements are the ones that get the most clicks, and whether or not we admit it or not, all of us love some gossip, and with the case being nationally followed, this ad was the perfect way to secure boatloads of clicks.
Comments
Post a Comment